Sunday, February 04, 2007

Berlin sight seeing.

On Monday Jack and Polina had to work, so Greg and I went sight seeing on our own. We started off at Checkpoint Charlie and the Checkpoint Charlie museum - learning about all the daring escapes from East to West Berlin. Afterwards we went to the Jewish museum and learnt about the history of Judiasm.

(Checkpoint Charlie)

On Tuesday I woke up sick with the cold Greg had the week before. Thanks Greg. >:-( So we decided to take it easy. We went to the square where the book burnings were done. And to Brandenburg gate. And to the Reichstag (but unfortunately we didn't go inside because the wait was too long). Then we headed home and that night we went out for Thai food with Jack and Polina.

(Brandenburg Gate)

Wednesday I still felt sick and beacuse we were leaving on the Thursday I decided to stay indoors (especially because it was -4 degrees outside). I decided rest was probably better for me and I've been to Germany before anyway. So Greg ventured out.. and I assume he'll talk about his adventures in another post.

No comments: