Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mamma Mia

As mentioned a couple of posts ago I said I'd put up some photos of the guys from 'our' Rome restaurant.

This guy was great, he spoke a bare fraction of english, but knew how to convey the right words (eg 'Vino', and 'Grill' ;) He worked the special Grill section - standing in the front corner of the restaurant, but I suspect he's the head chef. He did get a little disappointed each time we didn't have something from the grill, but on the last day cooked us up something special.



This guy was the head waiter, in the long-suffering 'Manuel' mould. He sighed an awful lot :-p Good value.

This guy was probably the owner in that he was the reason why the head-waiter sighed a lot ;-) He just kind of wandered round and chatted, occasionally picking up a dish and delivering it to a new table. Thinking about it, I'd probably do that if I owned a restaurant.

No comments: