Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Something you don't see in Australia (1)

Walking over to the bakery near Jack's place in Berlin, and suddenly I almost fell flat on my face. I look back to what I slipped on, and all I can see is a little puddle (like when its almost gone - its just damp, no reflection etc,...). Thinks to myself "that puddle must have been a bit slimey, because it was damn slippery.

The more perceptive of you (and more perceptive than me) will have worked out that the puddle wasn't slimey, it was Ice. On the street, in an otherwise civilised city. And no sign of anyone having spilled a drink or dropped an ice-bag.

This is just an abomination against the natural order of things (in Australia).

(side-note: the fact that the maximum temperature forcast for today was 0 didn't even register with me)

No comments: